Wednesday 5 September 2012

A Rhyme Royal Riddle



'Fireya the White had a fondness for riddles,
If wrought with a cunning and guile.
Rixosa, her fool, held many in store,
That ever could make the Queen smile.'
                                                                               The Annals of Old Moon




Tanner's hand-strong yet supple and pliant,
I push ‘gainst the pull of a snicking hack-hack.  
 I am gaoler to gluttony’s harvest defiant,
And will gnash my tail raw before letting up slack.   
Reflection’s offense is a cinch to attack.
My closed-hand embraces, though painful, console.
  I am bound to keep dignity held high and whole.



Riddle-me-ree!
What could it be?
If you think you know the answer,
leave it in the comments below.
As before, we'll put all the correct answers in a hat, 
and the winner will receive
a rather lovely (and utterly exclusive!) 
Annals of Old Moon button badge.
This weekend Russ will post an illustration of the riddle's solution.
So get guessing!


No comments: